Book Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

Title: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Genres: Paranormal, Mystery, Romance, Young Adult.
Characters: Mara Dyer and Noah Shaw...
Published: September 27th 2011 by Simon and Schuster

Summary(from Goodreads): Mara Dyer doesn’t think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.

It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.

There is.

She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love.

She’s wrong.



What I thought: First of all... How cute is that dress on the cover ?, does any one know where to get it ?. 
This book was honestly a big Mindf a lot of the times, There were times when I had no idea what was happening, I didn't know if it was real, if it was actually happening or if Mara was imagining it, and I loved that honestly, but I wouldn't want that for myself because it seems scary, not knowing if it's really happening or not haha. I am not sure how to exactly review this book because I feel like I might reveal too much and spoil it for someone who might want to read it and I definitely don't want to do that, so all i will say is that I really enjoyed this book, it was spooky, funny, interesting, awesome, just about everything, Every time I picked it up I had to force myself to put it down because I was enjoying it so much.

The Characters: 
Mara Dyer: There were times when she annoyed me a lot, I felt like when something happened and she wasn't sure if it happened, she should have asked, it would have been much easier than always wondering if it had happened or not, but other than that I really enjoyed her character, I liked how it wasn't love at first sight with her and Noah, and how she didn't fall at his feet from the start, I really don't like it when authors do that with girls.

Noah Shaw: I also liked his character, but he isn't really that memorable to me, like Dimitri, Warner, Kenji, Adrian...etc, I will always remember them and love them, but Noah I just like and don't love, he's just an okay character, he didn't stand out too much for me, maybe that will change when I read the second book.

Stars: I gave this book a 5 stars out of 5, I definitely recommend it, I already have recommended it to a few people, and hopefully they will love it as much as I did

Will I reread ?: Yeah I think I might definitely reread this book, I did enjoy it a lot, and would love to reread it in a couple of years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow Friday #2, I am a Featured Blog!!

Day 25 of 30 Day Challenge and Book Review

Waiting on Wednesday: Side effects may vary