Book Review: The Archived

Title: The Archived
Author: Victoria Schwab
Genre: Young Adult, Mystery
Published: January 22nd 2013 by Hyperion
Hardcover pages: 328

Summary(from Goodreads): Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books.

Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures that only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive.

Da first brought Mackenzie Bishop here four years ago, when she was twelve years old, frightened but determined to prove herself. Now Da is dead, and Mac has grown into what he once was, a ruthless Keeper, tasked with stopping often—violent Histories from waking up and getting out. Because of her job, she lies to the people she loves, and she knows fear for what it is: a useful tool for staying alive.

Being a Keeper isn’t just dangerous—it’s a constant reminder of those Mac has lost. Da’s death was hard enough, but now her little brother is gone too. Mac starts to wonder about the boundary between living and dying, sleeping and waking. In the Archive, the dead must never be disturbed. And yet, someone is deliberately altering Histories, erasing essential chapters. Unless Mac can piece together what remains, the Archive itself might crumble and fall.

In this haunting, richly imagined novel, Victoria Schwab reveals the thin lines between past and present, love and pain, trust and deceit, unbearable loss and hard-won redemption.


What I thought: Oh man, oh man!, I adored this book!. I have a hard time thinking of what to write about what i thought about this book because I loved it so much, all I want to say is I love it over and over again haha, and that is not something people want to read. When I first found out about this book I didn't really care for it, the summary didn't interest me, but then Jesse the reader(Booktuber), Kept raving and raving about it, so I was like well ok, I might check it out, but then I went to the library and there it was, on the shelf, looking at me, so I took that as a sign and got the book and read it, and I am so thankful that I did, because if I hadn't, I would have missed out on so much awesomeness!, seriously if you have not checked this book out, I highly recommend that you do!, I loved the storyline, I loved the characters, I loved the whole Keeper and History stuff, I thought it was Amazeballs, this is such a unique book, reading it I felt a little creeped out, like there was something wrong going on, there was this kind of bad atmosphere in the book(if that makes sense), and it was a bit creepy, but it made the book that more awesome.

I need the second book in my hand now! haha, I will definitely be buying both books for myself and reading them over and over.

The Characters:
Mackenzie: I really enjoyed her character, I was never annoyed at her, which might be a first, because usually most of the time the main character annoys me at least once, but she didn't, I loved reading through her POV, and I loved discovering this new secret world from her, there wasn't even one page that bored me.
Wesley: I loved him, I thought he was such a cutie (even though guys with eyeliners aren't my thing anymore), I really enjoyed Wesley's character, he made me giggle a few times (yes, giggle...), I loved him and Mackenzie, I kept rooting for them, but, I was so glad that the whole book isn't her being all swoony over him, because the book wouldn't have been as good if it would have been like that. There is a some romance in this book, but it doesn't over power the storyline, you can barely notice it's there, and I love that.

Would I reread ?: I definitely can see myself rereading this book a few times over the years, honestly, like I said a few times, I really enjoyed the characters, there wasn't one part or page where I felt bored, it kept me on my toes, and that ending!, I did not see that coming! haha.

Stars: I give this book 5 stars out of 5, definitely check it out and buy it, because we need the third book!.

If you want to check it out more, or buy it, here are some links:
Goodreads
Amazon
Barns and Noble
The Book Depository

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow Friday #2, I am a Featured Blog!!

Day 25 of 30 Day Challenge and Book Review

Waiting on Wednesday: Side effects may vary